KMail hangs on Send

Ack! Whenever I try to send a message in KMail (3.4.2-2, Sid) the whole program freezes, both the composer window
and the main window. This happens both for the "Send Now" and "Send Later" actions, but it doesn't happen for the
"Save to Drafts" action.

I've tried nuking .kde/share/apps/kmail and .kde/share/config/kmailrc and kmail.eventsrc, neither of which fixed the
problem. I've tried removing the proxy from the control panel settings with no luck. I've tried changing some things in
the STMP server config section in KMail (using detected settings). Nothing works!

Any chance something in my Mail dir is fried? What should I look for? Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Brendon