Re: "dropouts" when playing multimedia

What audio card do you have? Do you use OSS or ALSA? Do you use esd sound server in gnome (probably yes, it's enabled by default)?
Have you changed something in your configuration recently?
Bye

James Hirschorn ha scritto:

Hello,

I am using KDE 3.3.2 on Debian Sid. Recently the following problem has cropped up. Whenever playing back multimedia (audio and/or video) there are brief pauses. This happens with XMMS, and also Xine. There is no problem if I use the Gnome desktop. I guess I will be switching to Gnome for now because I cannot figure out what is causing this. If anyone has a better suggestion or knows anything about the problem, please get back.

Thanks in advance,
James