Re: kdm resets on login

On Friday 02 September 2005 00:05, Jean de Largentaye wrote:
> Salutations,
>
> After making the jump and upgrading to KDE 3.4.2, I cannot login
> through KDM anymore.
> The kdm login screen disappears, then I wait a few seconds for the kde
> splash to appear, then X resets, and back to the login screen. This
> happens whichever session I choose (of KDE, Larswm, or failsafe).

My wife couldn't start 3.4.2 on Kubuntu through KDM due to some bug that
affects X startup when the user's shell is tcsh (not sh or bash). Debian had
some bug report about it, the bug is almost a year old, but I can't find it
right now. Logging in worked when she changed her shell to bash.

--
Jan Ekholm
jan.ekholm@plenware.com