Re: KDE directory navigation freeze problem

En/La David Martínez Moreno ha escrit, a 30/06/05 18:23:
> El Jueves, 30 de Junio de 2005 17:19, Jonathan Kaye escribió:
>
>>Hi all,
>>This is a strange one. I've googled around and haven't found it
>>mentioned before. I'm running KDE 3.3.2 on Debian Etch 2.6.8-2-386 but
>>the problem predates the Sarge -> Etch transition so it's not an Etch
>>issue. I use KDE exclusively and it purrs along for long periods of time
>>(3 days to a week, sometime even 2 weeks) with no problems. Then
>
> [...]
>
> 	Hello, Jonathan. Have you seen if famd sucks all the CPU in this cases? Easy
> to see with a top.
>
> 	Best regards,
>

> 		Ender.

Hi Ender,
You're the man! I hadn't noticed if anything was sucking up all my cpu
but I do recall seeing famd running. I do a ps -A whenever it happens
hoping to notice some rogue process. What kind of daemon is famd anyway
(I assume it's a daemon)? I notice that it's not running now and I'm
doing all my ordinary stuff. This could be the culprit.
Cheers,
Jonathan

--
Please don't cc: your posting to my personal address.
Thank you.