Re: Kde-KNotify Problem

El Jueves, 23 de Junio de 2005 04:59, Debian User Leonard Chatagnier escribió:
> Thanks David,
>   Couldn't have done it without yor help.  The problem was solved by
> removing .kde/* and .kderc from my /home/user/ dir.  It also made my
> numeric keypad start working again.
> And I presume that it's not necessary to copy the backup .kde/* and
> .kderc files back to /home/user/ or is it.
> Would appreciate one last comment on this,ie., am I losing any
> functionality or just configuration info by not
> copying them back.

	Matej did very well. There is nothing else to say. Upgrades are not
guaranteed to work between versions. KDE people do their best to ensure
smooth upgrades, but you know, we the users are *really* skilled to find the
exact configuration to break the upgrade. :-)

	As Matej said, there is a lot of information in the .kde/. I would die if I
had to make again my 38 mail filters, or configure again KMail (shortcuts,
colors, and so on). There are people used to do that all the time, but not
me.

	I hope to have helped you.

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--
You idiots, you've captured their stunt doubles.
		-- Dark Helmet (Spaceballs).