Re: konqueror with gecko

El Sábado, 25 de Junio de 2005 05:22, hacker escribió:
> On 6/24/05, Björn Krombholz <fox.box@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 6/25/05, hacker <golfbuf@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I've been trying to figure out if Debian includes the "gecko bindings"
> > > referred to and whether it's possible to get a gecko like konqueror
> > > working.  I'm using sarge (kde 3.3.2) but could upgrade if needed?
> > >
> > > Anyone know?
> >
> > It had been packaged some time ago, but was removed because nobody
> > cared about. See
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2001/11/msg00470.html and
> > follow-ups.

This was an old package, of an old software. The port mentioned in the dot
story, is a new effort, that begun in the KDE World summit on the past
summer.

(...)
> I'm sure most agree konquerer is not very useful as a web browser,
> especially if it's as simple as described in the thread referenced.

Sorry? I use KonquerOr for the 99% of my web browsing. Only under some
circunstances, like buying a ticket in a heavily javascript based website,
requires me to have Firefox installed.

If it were so useless, why KHTML is the choice of Apple and Nokia for their
browsers, instead of Gecko?

http://dot.kde.org/1118683407/

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2