desktop icons

Hi,
I know I probably should post this message to the kde-develop list at kde.org
and not here, but maybe somebody here knows the answer: when the icons placed
at the desktop stop migrating around the screen? I mean in GNOME if you place
the icon at the desktop - this icon will always stays on the same place, but
in KDE the icons often jumps from place to place and sometimes it impossible
to make them obey. Some of them hide themselfes behind the kpanel, some of
them csoose a place at their own desicion and so on... I've tried out a lot
of settings, but nothing help yet.
Is there any plans to fix this annoying bug?
Thanks in advance!