Re: konqueror with gecko

On 6/24/05, Björn Krombholz <fox.box@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/25/05, hacker <golfbuf@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've been trying to figure out if Debian includes the "gecko bindings"
> > referred to and whether it's possible to get a gecko like konqueror
> > working.  I'm using sarge (kde 3.3.2) but could upgrade if needed?
> >
> > Anyone know?
>
> It had been packaged some time ago, but was removed because nobody
> cared about. See
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2001/11/msg00470.html and
> follow-ups.

Thanks for the reference.  Kmozilla was something available in 2001?
.. must have been around kde-2.something still.  My impression is that
KDE programmers came out with an improved gecko part in 2004 (which
could have made it into KDE-3.3.x).  Anyway, I'd vote for another
attempt at it.

I'm sure most agree konquerer is not very useful as a web browser,
especially if it's as simple as described in the thread referenced.