Re: menu item "Start New Session"

Ryan Schultz wrote:

> On Tuesday 21 June 2005 01:40 pm, Amarok wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I use to have the item "Start New Session" on KDE and now it's gone sinse
>> I upgraded to 3.4.1
>> I can see that there is some things changed on this new kde, and now I
>> can't start new sessions on other screen.
>>
>> How can I put the menu item back ?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> I have it on my KMenu, its under Switch User near the bottom. I think that
> it relies on KDM being your login manager, as well.

Hi... thanks for replying. I hope this post get's to the right location. I'm
not confortable replying using mail instead of a news client. Tryed many
times send posts to this newsgroup without see then reach destination.

Ok.
My login manager is KDM, i've configure it to use 2 X session, the 1º in tty7
and the 2º in tty8, but the second session never starts at bootup, I use to
start it when I want to explore other desktop managers like fluxbox or so...
but not want to close kde session. ;)

The new menu item (switch user) doesn't let me begin new sessions, just let me
swith users allready logged...

Is the "start new session" function really gone? or is it because 3.4.1 is not
fully finished? Wow do we start new X sessions now ?

Thanks a lot guys
Amarok