Re: KMail does not use kwallet anymore

>> my guess is that you killed kded or such a process and that kmail is
>> living on the old kded and kwallet on a new one, or the reverse. and
>> log out and in again should solve the problem.
>
>   Yes, I've observed that every (I believe) dbus upgrade kills all kded
>   daemons.

Okay, that makes sense.  I also had the OP's problem, and kwalletmanager was
acting strangely-- it wouldn't create new wallets.  And I had upgraded
dbus.  By the time I was done trying different things (reinstall kwallet,
downgrade kwallet, wipe config files...) I'd trashed my old wallet and had
to start a new one, but anyway it works again now.