Re: amaroK crashes on startup

On 5/30/05, Nick Vanderweit <nickv111@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Nick,

>         Upon starting amaroK 1.2.3-1 on Debian PPC/sid, the program segfaults
> after a few seconds. When I try to get a backtrace, there are no debug
> symbols in the binaries. Unfortunately, I cannot compile from Debian
> source package in order to get debug symbols because "debian/rules
> binary" cannot find amarok.kcfg.

The file ist there
(amarok-1.2.3/build-tree/amarok-1.2.3/amarok/src/amarokcore/amarok.kcfg),
so maybe there's another problem showing up in the build-log? Did you
install all build dependencies?

I just tried building the amarok package with: debian/rules binary and
apt-src. It worked without problems (on i386).

Björn

PS: Sorry Nick, I accidently replied to you in private not on the list.