Re: Kvim broken in alioth

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 11:24:10PM +0200, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
> On Friday 27 May 2005 23:18, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:

> > Kyzis works as  kpart conforming to the texteditor interface
> > -> you need to set it as the preferred component for embedded viewing of
> > whatever mime-type you want to open in it.
> > -> it also works in e.g kdevelop

Aha, thank you for the tip.  How do I configure it when it's used as a
kpart though ?  It doesn't add its entry to the Konqi settings menu, the
standalone program doesn't change the kpart, and its idea of a colour
schema is ... well, not readable on my desktop.
And nyzis displays in white-text-on-white, which is even less useful.

> general integration with the rest of kde is IMO also an area where kyzis
> shines in comparison with kvim

On a quick test, it falls down badly on both keystroke compatibility and
command usability.  I could possibly get used to its implementation of
vi commands (after all I did start on vi many years before I got used
to the power of vim), but yzis seems very buggy, either that or it has
more differences than those detailed on the web site.  If you can point
me at a bugzilla or similar I'll go and enter what I've found.

Nick