Re: Menus

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 18:23, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Can someone either describe, or point me to a description, of the KDE menu
> system, please?

As of KDE3.2 the menu is build after the freedesktop.org menu specification.

This means that application menu entries are described by .desktop files
under /usr/share/application or more precisely in any directory listed by
#> kde-config --path xdgdata-apps

The structure is described by .menu files under /etc/xdg/menus or more
precisely and directory under
#> kde-config --path xdgconf-menu

> Also, iirc, KDE used to have a program that would find .desktop files and
> add them to the K menu.  If it still exists, kubuntu doesn't put it onto a
> menu. What program is it?

kappfinder

Cheers,
Kevin