Konqueror (in file manager) doesn't automatically refresh file list and stats.

Hi All,

I'm using KDE 3.3.2 on Sid, updated every few days or so (on dialup, so I let
it do it's thing overnight :-)  ).
The subject line pretty much says it all.  I can't remember if it ever did
automatically refresh in Sid, but it certainly does in Mandrake 10.0, and
I've seen it touted as a feature of Konqueror, so I figure it should work.
I've googled on all sorts of combinations of this (plus update, and reload,
etc...) and only come up with a SUSE user with the same problem, and a
complaint about an earlier version on a KDE forum, but no solutions.
If I look through all my .kde home settings (various .rc files etc...), I
can't see anything there that might indicate some sort of directory refresh
period, or a true/false for refresh or whatever.  Nor any luck going through
the KDE Control Centre.  :-(

From googling and searching the Debian lists, I've seen a couple of
suggestions for other KDE problems to simply delete .kde and all its
contents, but I'm reluctant to do this as I might render the system unusable,
and I'd lose a lot of settings.  It's my main desktop system now.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions you might have.

Regards,
Andrew