pmount media:/ permissions, etc

Hi,

I'm using the current alioth KDE 3.4 packages and have a question about the
new media:/ feature.

I've got an external HD enclosure which connects via usb. (though this
question isn't device specific).  I plug it in, and voila it appears, I can
mount it as well.  However, pmount seems to only mount the device with
ownership root:root, which means I can read off the drive fine, but can't
write to it at all.

Any idea how to adjust it to mount something more sensible like root:plugdev
with group write permissions other than mounting it by hand?  Thanks.

Todd