Re: Configuration Info Problem

On Saturday 14 May 2005 04:45, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> This message pops up when starting KDE GUI:
> "An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for
> gnome-terminal. Some of your configuration settings may not work properly."
>
> "Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that
> you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS
> locks due to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/
> for information. (Details -  2: Failed to convert IOR '' to an object
> reference)"

So you have a gnome-terminal (??? Why?) open in your session, and it's trying
to restart at login.  It's not a KDE problem.  Just close it, and in future
use konsole.

> Not subscribed to list.  PLEASE COPY MY EMAIL ADDRESS.

Man, that's rude.  If you can't be bothered to read this list (and determine
that it's a KDE list, not Gnome) I can't be bothered to respond to you.
(Good thing you caught me early in the morning, not when I've had time to get
_really_ snarky).
--
derek