Re: Scrambled fonts in PDF

El Martes, 10 de Mayo de 2005 14:19, Derek Broughton escribió:
> On Monday 09 May 2005 20:13, Marc Bantle wrote:
> > this may be off-topic, sorry if so!
> > Since a view dist-upgrades ago (the latest brought KDE 3.4 to my
> > notebook), creating a pdf by printing from a KDE-Applications using
> > special printer "ps2pdf" results in a document containing scrambled
> > characters (sample attached). This does _not_ happen, when I specify a
> > target device *screen*. Something with my font configuration seems to be
> > messed. Any ideas where to look for the cause?
>
> Define "scrambled characters"?  When I open that attachment, everything
> looks fine except for character spacing - in particular all of the "n"s
> seem to be too close to the next character, and the same happens in a
> couple of other places.  If yours is more scrambled than that, it would
> appear to be specific to your PDF reader or installed fonts, rather than to
> the output of the ps2pdf program.

And what pdf reader do you use? Witk kpdf 0.4 (from KDE 3.4) the artifacts are
not fatal, but really annoying.

In my installation printing to pdf the horizontal distance is right, no
letters overlapped. But some letters are shifted up 2-3 pixels inside the
words. Anyway mine sees better. I have bitstream sans vera as font. I
installed kdeprint and gv packages.