kmail and s/mime

Hello list,

I have the feeling that kmail does not want me to use s/mime for encrypting my
messages.
I am on a amd64 so it took till last week to get binary packages for gnupg2
and friends. No problem. But now it should work but I can not use s/mime
because I have no certificates for my key. What the hack are these
certificates? I think one can read it at some point in the net, please point
me to this one. I am tired of this topic.
Thank you - Wolfgang.
--
-->"ein neger mit gazelle zagt im regen nie"><--