Re: New font defaults for new users - feedback wanted!

Am Donnerstag 28 April 2005 09:09 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:

> > I've brought the matter to the attention of the X maintainers [1],
> > but haven't received any response as of yet. Rest assured, though,
> > that I will continue to evaluate the situation - post-Sarge, the
> > issue may be fixed, and recall that the Alioth packages, though
> > available now, are really aimed at the post-Sarge world.
>
> Yes, I know. Alioth is post-sarge as is the xorg packages I use. But I
> think my problem is neither related to using KDE 3.4 or x.org. It would
> have happened with XFree86 4.3.0 and KDE 3.3 as well I believe.

Hello,

well thats not true, obviously.

Of course that problem does not relate Debian Sarge as KDE 3.3 has
different font sizes.

Well there will just be a font-size transition step when a user then
updates from Sarge to Post-Sarge: i.e. the user would have to switch font
size from 12 pixels to 10 pixels respectely.

Regardsm