Re: found: ONLY if read from others is disallowed!

On Thursday 31 March 2005 18:13, Mauro Darida wrote:
> hello all,
> I am using kde 3.3.2 of sarge and have noticed that the file manager under
> the super user mode does not work correctly, i.e. all text documents are
> viewed as read-only and cannot be modified.
> Anyone experiencing this? Do I need to configure something manually? I
> don't recollect any problem with previuos kde versions.
Ok, after some experiments I have found that the above problem appears ONLY if
the "read from others" permission is set to _not_ granted; i.e. for lilo.conf
file:
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 4323 2005-03-25 21:00 /etc/lilo.conf
works correctly; _but_ :
-rw-r-----  1 root root 4323 2005-03-25 21:00 /etc/lilo.conf
is regarded as "read-only" by the file manager in super user mode.
It appears to be quite an akward bug which would be annoying to have in sarge!
Is it only me experiencing this ?!

--
On this laptop no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.
Successfully Microsoft free since December 2002.