Re: Installing 3.4.0 killed my -dev environment

On Friday 15 April 2005 03:17 am, Stephen Cormier wrote:

> packages eventually with enough tweaking of the line with the correct
> version = on the end of the package name(s), I have all the -dev
> libraries for KDE 3.4 installed along with the X.org server here.

OK, got it.  I apparently got X.Org from AGNULA, but they didn't have a
complete set of related packages available.  I found and added the Ubuntu
stuff (whence the AGNULA stuff came from originally) and got instant joy.

Which is good, since reversing back to XFree86 was looking like a decidedly
ugly proposition.

I had no intention of winding up here, but at least I got things back to a
functional state.  Thanks for the magic words that finally lead me toward
solving the right end of the problem.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/