Re: Anyone get KSayIt working?

On Friday 15 April 2005 04:43 am, Ian Eure wrote:

> FWIW, the whole KDE tts system worked for me out-of-the-box. I hadn't
> played with KSayIt, but I just tried it and it works (though I'm mystified
> as to what it's supposed to be used for). The configuration isn't obvious
> at all, but I figured it out.
>
> What I did was:

I did all that too, but I haven't heard a peep out of it yet.  I just tried
turning off JACK, and still no joy.  It's "doing something," but I can't hear
the results due to audio configuration uncertainties.  Oh well, this whole
thing probably isn't worth further trouble.  I agree with your position
above, in that I am also mystified as to what this is supposed to be used
for.  I have new-toy-itis here, but no pressing need.  I'll go find something
more amusing to do.  Maybe by the time I get bored enough to look at this
again someone will have figured out how to get all of this to play nice with
JACK.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/