Re: KMix popping up with every KDE login

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:10, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> I have KMix running on KDE machines with ALSA sound support in order
> to have that loud speaker symbol in the system area of Kicker bar.
>
> On several KDE installations including KDE 3.3.1/3.3.2 and KDE 3.4
> pre on every login the KMix window pops up. I did not yet found a way
> to stop this behaviour. I just like that KMix puts itself as
> loudspeaker symbol into the Kicker bar and be quiet otherwise.

I can't say why it isn't remembering its state, but this should be a
workaround.

In the KMix window, click the window menu button on the titlebar (the
application icon usually on the far left). Select Advanced/Special
Window Settings.

In the Geometry tab, put a checkmark in the box next to "Minimised",
select Apply Initially from the dropdown box, and put a checkmark in
the box to the right of that.

In the Preferences tab, put a checkmark in the box next to "Skip
taskbar", select Apply Initially from the dropdown box, and put a
checkmark in the box to the right of that.

Click OK.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/