Re: Associating files with gvim, purging KWrite?

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:28, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
> On Sunday 10 April 2005 17:09, Alex Nordstrom wrote:
> > Since kvim was recently removed from Sid, I've run into trouble.
> > I've grudgingly accepted gvim as a substitute, but for some reason,
>
> you might want to try out yzis which is what the kvim authors moved
> on to (see http://www.yzis.org/devel/history/)

Looks lovely! Too bad there doesn't seem to be any official Debian
packages for it yet. At least they provide an unofficial repository.
Thanks for the tip.

> > On a related note, is there a way to purge KWrite?
>
> kwrite belongs to the kate package (the kwrite, and kate editors are
> really 2 interfaces to the same code), so purging that should do it

I was afraid something like that would be the answer. I actually like
Kate, but I despise KWrite. It has all the bulk of Kate with all the
power and features of KEdit. Oh well.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/