Re: New font defaults for new users - feedback wanted!

Am Freitag, 8. April 2005 17:32 schrieb Bastian Venthur:
> Ok, but users of *cough* "other systems" have a (not changing by some
> magic) default value, so changing the resolution or even using another
> monitor always gives the same results. But here on "my system" things can
> be quite messed up just by restarting my xserver.

Remove any -dpi parameters and see that X has a default value, too.
Additionally, some graphics card drivers ask the monitor for the right DPI
values and use it. That's even better because you don't have to configure
anything (except the case that the monitor is off when X starts that's why
you probably configure it anyway).

> Users of other systems can even change their dpi-value inside their
> desktop-env. but here on my system I can't even set my mousespeed ;)

You can too, you have an Editor at hand and you can thus
edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.
And what do you mean with "mousespeed"? You can set the acceleration in
kcontrol.

HS