Re: kde 3.4 in sid

Dne st 6. dubna 2005 18:20 Hendrik Sattler napsal(a):
> Am Mittwoch, 6. April 2005 18:04 schrieb Petr Baláš:
> > Biggest graphics "card" vendor is Intel with integrated chipsets.
>
> Vendor maybe but I really doubt that is has the biggest user base among
> linux users.
> Integrated graphics is like integrated sound: it works if you don't expect
> much. But in case of e.g. distorted sound, you are better off getting
> something real.

I'm not gamer. I want graphics card which work with Linux. Which one I can
select?
NVidia - binary crap in kernel (NVidia drivers) or bad support for new card
(xfree drivers). This is not optimal
ATI - binary crap and problematic driver
Intel integrated - mediocre 3D perfomance (I don't need 3D), fully open source
drivers
Matrox - mediocre 3D perfomance, opensource drivers (with optional closed
addon to support some features)

My faworites:
Intel onboard
Matrox (when you need DVI output)