Re: kde 3.4 in sid

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 13:20, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 6. April 2005 18:04 schrieb Petr Baláš:
> > Biggest graphics "card" vendor is Intel with integrated chipsets.
>
> Vendor maybe but I really doubt that is has the biggest user base among
> linux users.

Why?

> Integrated graphics is like integrated sound: it works if you don't expect
> much. But in case of e.g. distorted sound, you are better off getting
> something real.

The "average" user doesn't need a great sound system and super 3d accelerated
video on their computer.  In fact, I'd be surprised if there weren't more
people using on-board video for Linux than for other OS's as we're not
primarily a gaming community.  I'm using i815 right now, i915 when the new
laptop arrives in a week or so.
--
derek