Re: A bug somewhere, but I can't figure where (CD copying)

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 16:28, Bruce Sass wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, James Tappin wrote:
> > I'm using KDE 3.3.2 from Sarge on x86.
> >
> > Does anyone have any clues as to which component is likely to be at
> > fault?
>
> Anytime this happens to me (using Sid's KDE)...
> # lsof /cdrom
> ...says that famd is holding onto the mount point...
> # /etc/init.d/fam stop
> ...releases it.

I had this problem too! Removing fam solved it. Btw, is KDE using fam
actually? If so, what does it?

But I think the problem, James reported, has nothing to do with fam. I have
the same effect without fam installed on Sarge!

--
Georg Prager
   EM:  georg.prager [at] wing.at