setting the mouse-speed in kde

Hi List,

today I have bought a new optical mouse, which hase a resolution of 800dpi.
My old one had 400dpi and my new mouse seems to bee way too fast! I've seen
that I can adjust the mouse-acceleration via control center but i don't
want to set the acc but the speed.

I've also tried to manualy(!) change the "Resolution" in the appropiate
mouse-section of my XF86Config-4 but this does not seem to change anything
(yes I have restarted X).

Is there another way to change the mousespeed (within KDE if possible)?

BTW is it only in my german version of KDE 3.4, that the mouse-settings in
the control center are not documented via help or tooltip?

Thanks in advance

Bastian