Re: kde 3.4 in sid

* David Pastern [Tue, 05 Apr 2005 07:15:01 +1000]:
> On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 03:57 +1000, Adeodato Simó wrote:

> >   So, for things not intended for sarge, unstable is not ok, and
> >   experimental or some external repository must be used.

> Yes, but if that's the case, why no kde 3.4, gnome 2.10 or xorg in
> experimental then?

  You have KDE 3.4 available in an external repository. GNOME 2.10 is
  being uploaded to experimental. As for xorg, ask the X11 maintainers.

> I find some of the posts from others on these lists (including
> developers) downright offensive and arrogant.  It's the same old "fuck
> you, piss off we don't care" attitude and it's not going to win Debian
> any friends.  If developers cease to listen to their users, they will
> find that their users move on to greener pastures.  I did so quite some
> time ago,  both Ubuntu, Kanotix and Libranet kick Debian's ass all over
> the place, why use Debian?  This is what many are contemplating.

  Nobody forces you to use Debian. Just be glad that it exists, and that
  all these distributions can base their work on it to offer you a shiny
  product. There are differences between Debian and e.g. Ubuntu, both in
  their goals and in their resources.

> Sorry to sound rude, but i'm finding it's necessary to become blunt
> with thick or uncaring developers.

  If you see it necessary, then please be 100% sure they're thick _and_
  uncaring before addressing them like this. This mail of yours hurt my
  feelings. I don't expect my users to thank me everyday, but certainly
  I'm not here to get bashed.

  Learning to cope,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

If there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in
despairing of life as in hoping for another life and in eluding the
implacable grandeur of this life.
                -- Albert Camus