Re: kde-devel uninstallable in sarge

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 10:14:51PM +0200, Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists wrote:
> Today I saw that there was libkcal2a package coming in conflicting with
> libkcal2. So for some reason I guess libkcal2 was removed from the
> archieve leaving kbugbuster without the library it depends on. You can
> update to kbugbuster from unstable which is fine (depends on the new
> libkcal).

Should packages be removed from the archive while there are still other
packages depending on them?  We're supposed to be releasing sarge at
some point, right?  Doesn't the removal of a dependency move us a step
in the wrong direction?  Now we have to wait until the next version of
KDE propagates to testing (and hope it doesn't introduce any new RC
bugs!)

noah