Re: kde 3.4 in sid

On Monday 04 April 2005 18:20, Derek Broughton wrote:
> On Monday 04 April 2005 12:35, Dennie Bastiaan wrote:
> > On Monday 04 April 2005 15:40, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> > > Hi List,
> > >
> > > Sorry for beeing so annoying,
> >
> > You're not. The fact that debian won't include x.org and (therefor?)
> > won't include KDE 3.4 is _very_ annoying. I know that a lot of people
> > explained why it is like that, but I see many debian-users around me who
> > find it very annoying also. And I cannot see why it is so hard to include
> > x.org before sarge goes stable. It isn't called "unstable" for no reason.
> > I'm not alone. You're not alone.
>
> Well Sarge _isn't_, and has never been, unstable.

I think you misunderstood me there. I actually meant including x.org in
unstable, before sarge goes stable. I know that sarge isn't unstable
(actually sid is), since I've been a debian user for three years now. :)

> Don't you consider it pretty rude to say something inflammatory, and then
> insist you've got no time for the debate?

I just told how I felt. I didn't inflame anything. I'm sure debian already
knew that most users don't like the slow release-cycle. It has been debated
over and over again. That's why I don't want to make time for it. If you find
it rude, then I'm sorry, but I'm just being honest. :)

-Dennie