Fonts disappeared

With the last upgraded packages for Sarge that included The X system, kde lost many of it's common fonts in the 100dpi, 75dpi, etc. For example, the Helvetica fonts show up in the control center as installed and available, but aren't listed in the font settings of any apps. There were some kde packages upgrades in this last batch as well, but I'm not where I can see what they were at the moment. Anyone else experience this, or is it a local snafu on my end?