Re: Printing with Konqueror. Small font size

>>    To the bottom of the file ....
>>
>>      /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/common/kde-default.css
>>

| Just one more comment -- this is actually pretty dumb to do,
| I mean, to add your configuration stuff to the file
| which will be overwritten on the next upgrade of KDE.
|
| Put just your own lines into some separate file under $HOME
| ( what about ~/.kde/konqueror.css? ).
|
| Moreover, the file itself warns you against this
| (albeit in for you less interesting case of localization changes ) :
|
|   Important note :
|
|     these setting may be overridden by localised CSS.
|     Do not add here any localization-sensitive style
|     declarations.

Cousin Matej ....

  I haven't thought much about this problem
  since the original discussion here,
  until today when I noticed a post on another NG
  asking about small-font printing problems
  from Konqueror with a Canon printer in the
  same family as the one I use ....

  Thanks for the reminder that modifying the CSS
  in a central location would be overwritten
  by subsequent KDE upgrades ....

    /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/common/kde-default.css

  In view of potentially wiping out such a local fix
  with subsequent upgrades, for a single user system,
  such as the one I'm using, I can see how this could
  perhaps fall into the dumb-zone ....

  But maybe for a multi-user environment,
  a temporary fix in a central location
  instead of a single fix to each of many
  users $home might actually be preferable
  and less hassle in the long run ????

  I now have the local fix turned off
  and since I'm currently printing very little,
  I've just been dealing with it on a case-by-case
  basis as needed ....

  I'd be interested in your views
  before I point anyone else toward
  this thread ....