Re: crashes and hangs in KDE 3.4

Am Montag 28 März 2005 18:37 schrieb Gerrit Jan Baarda:
> On Monday 28 March 2005 15:55, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > > Did you try using KDE 3.4 with a freshly created KDE configuration
> > > (move .kde directory out of the way and let it create a new one)?
> > > What Debian version do you use? I use mostly Sarge with some parts
> > > of Sid.
> >
> > Yes, indeed.  I always do that with a new point release of KDE: move
> > .kde out of the way, start fresh, and then start customizing.
>
> That shouldn't  be neccesary, is it? To me that sounds very similar to
> 'Just reinstall' on another well known OS.....

Hello,

yes, it shouldn't be necessary. I didn't do it and still got a working KDE
3.4. But in case of a problem, trying this might give a hint at what is
going wrong - as there is often a "shouldn't be" in combination "and it
still is". ;) At least that's my experiences especially with previous KDE
releases.

Regards,