Re: getting standard konqueror side bar entries when upgrading from KDE 3.3 to 3.4

Am Montag 28 März 2005 16:13 schrieb Sven Kissner:
> On Monday 28 March 2005 13:46, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > If you move all of them out of the way you will get standard services
> > settings put in there again. This includes a link to the "media:/"
> > service.
>
> why not just right-klick 'services' > 'storage media' and assign the
> appropriate url? and doesn't 'rollback to system default' set
> everything back to standard?

Hello,

just because I didn't find those two solutions you propose which IMHO is a
very valid reason. The context menu at "KDE Dienste" (KDE services)
doesn't have an entry to add storage media, only to add web navigation
areas.

But I found rollback to system default now. (But not under KDE services.)

Anyway in the end I found those files before I found those menu entries.
And when more people than me do not find these menu items this probably
hints at improvement potential in user interface design. And actually it
still would have been nice if KDE added that media functionality straight
there straight away without me having to fiddle around with that,

Well probably I file some wishlist item about this one. Time constraints
might hinder me and I accept that they might hinder KDE developers, too.

Anyway I thought I found a solution of a problem others might have, too,
and thought I share it. I gladly appreciate any solution that fits better
than the solution I found.

Regards,