Re: crashes and hangs in KDE 3.4

> On Monday 28 March 2005 15:55, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > > Did you try using KDE 3.4 with a freshly created KDE configuration
> > > (move .kde directory out of the way and let it create a new one)? What
> > > Debian version do you use? I use mostly Sarge with some parts of Sid.
> >
> > Yes, indeed.  I always do that with a new point release of KDE: move
> > .kde out of the way, start fresh, and then start customizing.
>
> That shouldn't  be neccesary, is it?

I don't know if it's necessary, but in my experience it's worth the
trouble.  In the past I've found that there were new features that I
never saw until I started fresh with an empty configuration-- something
about the config from the earlier release suppressed the new features.

Another reason is to avoid compatibility problems between old and new
releases that can lead to bad behavior, such as crashes :(

> To me that sounds very similar to 'Just
> reinstall' on another well known OS.....

:(