Re: crashes and hangs in KDE 3.4

On Monday 28 March 2005 14:55, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> > Did you try using KDE 3.4 with a freshly created KDE configuration
> > (move .kde directory out of the way and let it create a new one)? What
> > Debian version do you use? I use mostly Sarge with some parts of Sid.
>
> Yes, indeed.  I always do that with a new point release of KDE: move
> .kde out of the way, start fresh, and then start customizing.

That is very dangerous.  For instance, in the new versions of kmail I think
your mail is stored in here.  If you delete it, you will delete all your
mail.

Similarly, all your bookmarks are also stored in here.  Delete it, and all
your cherished heirarchy of bookmarks disappears.  [I know, I did it]

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk