kde 3.4 klaptopdaemon broken resume after suspend

Hi,

I don't have a laptop but I use klaptopdaemon so I can conveniently suspend my
desktop at night.  After installing kde 3.4 from alioth, my session no longer
resumes after using klaptopdaemon to enter suspend mode.  The screen comes
back scrambled and doing a "CTRL-ALT-F1" has no effect.  I can do a
"ALT-SysRq SUB" to reboot though.  I'm using apm and a 2.6.10 kernel.
Entering "apm --suspend" and "apm --standby" in the xterm of the failsafe X
session works as expected.  Only when running a kde 3.4 session does resuming
fail.  Everything worked fine with kde 3.3.  Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks,
~Scott