SOCKS problems with 3.4.0pre1

Hello,

First of all, many thanks to the KDE packagers!

I'm currently having problems with SOCKS support under KDE. When I
enable it with the Dante client KControl informs me that it has been
found and initialized but the result is that it seems to break all
networking apps.

Specifically Konqueror crashes immediately on startup and Kopete can't
open connections. Neither give any extra information from the command
line.

In case it matters I'm using
ii  dante-client   1.1.14-2

and also (in case it helped :-)
ii  libsocks4      4.3.beta2-13
ii  socks4-clients 4.3.beta2-13

Can anyone confirm it to be working/broken?

Thanks.

Tom.