Re: KDE 3.4 - some issues

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 07:22 pm, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Ian Eure [Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:46:23 -0800]:
> > - arts won't play ogg files, so no system notifications are heard. Real
> > weird. Plays MP3 fine.
> >
> > Anyone know why arts won't play ogg? Even this fails:
> >
> > $ artsplay /usr/share/sounds/Kopete_Received.ogg
>
>   From previous posts in the list, it seems you need to remove
>   ~/.kde/share/config/knotify{.eventsrc,rc}. They are regenerated
>   afterwards, so if you can send us a diff between the working and
>   non-working versions, perhaps we can find out something.

Are you sure this is a knotify problem? Doesn't the fact that ogg files won't
play with arts /at all/ (not just notifications) mean that this isn't related
to knotify?

> > - kdmgreet crashes, so no KDM. Haven't tried the 3.4.0 package yet.
>
>   Right. There is a bug in the kdebase << 3.3.2-1 (3.3.2-2 is ready in
>   SVN, but not uploaded) that incorrectly puts the greeter libs in
>   kdebase-bin, instead of kdm.
>
>   We tend to minimize the number of uploads since they are costly for
>   us, but since this is an important issue, I've finally got around to
>   prepare fixed packages. Just apt-get update && apt-get upgrade should
>   solve now. (It will install new versions of kdebase-bin 3.4.0 and kdm
>   3.3.2.)
>
>   Sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem. The unofficial kdm 3.4.0 package solved my problem. I think I'll
stick with it until kdm 3.4.0 has a more official package.

Thanks for the response.