Re: KDE 3.4 - some issues

* Ian Eure [Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:46:23 -0800]:
> - arts won't play ogg files, so no system notifications are heard. Real weird.
> Plays MP3 fine.

> Anyone know why arts won't play ogg? Even this fails:

> $ artsplay /usr/share/sounds/Kopete_Received.ogg

  From previous posts in the list, it seems you need to remove
  ~/.kde/share/config/knotify{.eventsrc,rc}. They are regenerated
  afterwards, so if you can send us a diff between the working and
  non-working versions, perhaps we can find out something.

> - kdmgreet crashes, so no KDM. Haven't tried the 3.4.0 package yet.

  Right. There is a bug in the kdebase << 3.3.2-1 (3.3.2-2 is ready in
  SVN, but not uploaded) that incorrectly puts the greeter libs in
  kdebase-bin, instead of kdm.

  We tend to minimize the number of uploads since they are costly for
  us, but since this is an important issue, I've finally got around to
  prepare fixed packages. Just apt-get update && apt-get upgrade should
  solve now. (It will install new versions of kdebase-bin 3.4.0 and kdm
  3.3.2.)

  Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621