Re: Where do i get 3.4?

* Andrew Schulman [Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:44:17 -0500]:
> > > Also, I haven't found i18n packages :\

> >   Yes, we know it's pending. The person in charge for it will probably
> >   prepare it "soon".

> Along this line... I don't wish to sound greedy, as I'm very pleased to
> see most of KDE 3.4 already available through aleroth.  But...  I'm
> dying to see the new "fast user switching" feature in kdm, as I
> participated in the bug report that led to its creation.  The developer
> closed the bug report 6 months ago, saying that he'd implemented the
> feature... in KDE 3.4!

> So now the moment has finally arrived! but I don't see the new kdm on
> aleroth yet.  Any idea how much longer we'll have to wait?

  You can use this one:

    http://pauillac.inria.fr/~habouzit/kdm_3.4.0-0pre1_i386.deb

  As for the reasons for it being on a separate location: there is no
  upgrade procedure yet. The recommented method at the moment (at least,
  it's what I did), is: save configs, purge kdm, dpkg -i, manually edit
  new files.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud: after a
while, you realize the pig is enjoying it.