Re: media:/ in 3.4-pre broken?

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 14:04, Christopher Martin wrote:
> On March 15, 2005 08:51, Marcus Thiesen wrote:

> > > Is your user a member of the plugdev group, out of curiosity? If not,
> > > and adding it fixes your problems, please revert the changes you made
> > > above, and let us know if things still work at that point.
> >
> > I've been a member of plugdev all along....
>
> cdrom as well? (grasping at straws here...)

marcus@mobilHal:~: groups
marcus dialout cdrom audio dip video plugdev camera scummvm

> Does mounting data CDs work, or are you having problems with pluggable USB
> devices only?

Maybe I didn't really make myself clear here... mounting actually works, just
KDE doesn't see that the device is mounted and always tries to mount it. Then
the media:/sda1 call fails because the IOSlave dies.

> I do not have a pmount symlink in /etc/hal/device.d, nor am I running hal
> as root, and CDs work fine for me, though I have no way of testing
> pluggable USB devices.

Mmmm, and inserting a CDROM leads to the following:
The USB Stick now indicates that it is mounted and the contents is shown over
media:/sda1 and the CDROM show the old behavior, KDE not indicating that it
is mounted though it is mounted and a dying IOSlave...

> Thanks,
> Christopher Martin

Have fun,
 Marcus

--
        :: Marcus Thiesen :: marcus@thiesen.org :: www.thiesen.org ::
           :: ICQ#108989768 :: 0x754675F2 :: thiesen@jabber.org ::

The advantage of the emotions is that they lead us astray, and the advantage
of science is that it is not emotional
                                                                  Oscar Wilde