Re: media:/ in 3.4-pre broken?

On March 15, 2005 08:51, Marcus Thiesen wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 March 2005 13:49, Christopher Martin wrote:
> > On March 15, 2005 07:40, Marcus Thiesen wrote:
> > > Other stuff that I needed to get any reaction:
> > >
> > > In /etc/hal/device.d do a
> > >
> > >  ln -s /usr/bin/pmount-hal 50-pmount.hal
> > >
> > > unless a symlink already exists and configure hal to run as root
> > > in /etc/default/hal.
> >
> > Is your user a member of the plugdev group, out of curiosity? If not,
> > and adding it fixes your problems, please revert the changes you made
> > above, and let us know if things still work at that point.
>
> I've been a member of plugdev all along....

cdrom as well? (grasping at straws here...)

Does mounting data CDs work, or are you having problems with pluggable USB
devices only?

I do not have a pmount symlink in /etc/hal/device.d, nor am I running hal as
root, and CDs work fine for me, though I have no way of testing pluggable
USB devices.

Thanks,
Christopher Martin