media:/ in 3.4-pre broken?

Hello all,

media:/ in the current 3.4 packages only shows my floppy drive. Should it also
show, for example, mounted/unmounted USB storage devices? What about internal
hard disk partitions? If it's not supposed to show these things, what's the
recommended way to mount them in KDE 3.4?

Here's a somewhat related question: What's the easiest way to get an icon for
media:/ on my kicker, or on my desktop? I can't right-click on anything under
'Actions' in the kicker menu.

(Is this the right place for feedback on the 3.4 packages until they're in
Debian? I don't remember where the announcement was.)

Thanks,
Zack