Re: Switching Konqueror between proxy and non-proxy locations

Am Freitag, 11. März 2005 19:19 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Friday 11 March 2005 16:07, Marc Haber wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 02:39:34PM +0000, David Goodenough wrote:
> > > I have two laptops which I need to configure so that they can easily be
> > > switched between a location where they require a proxy to reach the
> > > outside world from Konqueror and one where they do not.  I will have
> > > a set of scripts which handle the change of IP addresses (one is static
> > > the other dhcp) and I would like to update Konqueror as well to reflect
> > > the proxy requirement.  The one with the proxy is the one with static
> > > IP addresses.
> > >
> > > Anyone got any ideas?
> >
> > I have konquereor configured to use the http_proxy environment
> > variable, and source /etc/use-proxy in my shell startup scripts and
> > the Xsession. /etc/use-proxy is generated by the network startup
> > scripts to contain the appropriate code to set the environment.
>
> An alternative for configuration items where the application itself cannot
> be persuaded to use a shell environment, is this:
> http://www.kde.org/areas/sysadmin/config_file.php#shell_expansion

Actually a good idea, but IIRC Konqueror starts the named program everytime it
downloads a _file_. Say, you want to see a html-page with 10 images,  the
program is executed _11_ times! May be ok for a dial up (modem) link, but not
for a high speed connection!

I tried to change proxy via DCOP, but couldn't manage that all open konquerors
use the changed setting.

Tobias

--
Diese Email-Adresse dient nur als Spam-Ziel.
Nachrichten an diese Adresse werden nicht gelesen!

This email address is a spam-tarpit.
Mails sent to this address are not read!