Re: kamil recent-address's

On Thursday 10 March 2005 02:11 am, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 10 March 2005 09:05, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > if yes, then, the next mail with it corrected will be in recent
> > adress, and the bad one will disapear.
>
> Thinking back from behavior I'm seeing in kmail, I think it remembers
> the last X addresses you used. So an incorrect address will disappear
> eventually, but not as soon as you use the correct address. They will
> both be offered for a while.
>
> > AFAIK, kmail takes the adresses from your sentbox or sth like that,
> > so try to delete the mails with the bad adress in it and restart
> > kmail.
>
> They are saved in the ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc file.
> If the bad address really bugs you, just edit that file. Look for
> "Recent Addresses=" in the [General] section.
>
> Cheers,
> FJP

I edited the ~/kmailrc file, but when I restart kmail the offending
address  re-appears in recent-addresses. I have deleted emails with the
offending address in my sent folder, kmail still finds this address
somewhere and adds it to the ~/kmailrc file.

I don't know what Hendrik Sattler means by "Right click on the field and
choose the last item in the context menu," this sounds promising.

--
Greg C. Madden