Re: System Log Viewer Issues

Am Thursday 10 March 2005 09:08 schrieb Pierre Habouzit:
> the *good* solution is also to use the 'run command' dialog, clicking on
> 'options >>' and then checking 'run as another user' (I use french l10n
> so it may be another wording for you) and choose root.
>
> But remember that logging as root under any X session is rarely a good
> idea.
Also most logfiles are readable for the groups adm and root, so adding your
user to these groups would yield read access to the logs without the
neccessity for being root.

Patrick
--
Patrick Dreker

GPG KeyID  : 0xFCC2F7A7 (Patrick Dreker)
Fingerprint: 7A21 FC7F 707A C498 F370  1008 7044 66DA FCC2 F7A7
Key available from keyservers