Re: new KDE 3.4.0-0pre1 instalation error

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 20:51, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> Le Mer 9 Mars 2005 19:14, Petr Baláš a écrit :
> > Hello
> >
> > I'm installing new KDE 3.4.0-0pre1and there are errors like this:
> >
> > ** (process:6457): CRITICAL **: file eggdesktopentries.c: line 2223
> > (egg_desktop_entries_add_group): assertion
> > `egg_desktop_entries_lookup_group (entries, group_name) == NULL'
> > failed
> >
> > Is this fatal? Is this problem at all?

Pierre, I realize that dealing with bug reports, and user request can get
frustrating easily, but could you please try to take a more friendly (or at
least neutral) demeanor in your replies?

What I mean is:

> this is not useful.
>
> you even dont tell what you do to have those errors, so how do you want
> to have an accurate answer ?

could have easily been phrased as:
 unfortunately this doesn't give me quite enough info to debug does, could
 you tell me:
 - exactly what you are doing when you get this bug
 - does it appear always, or only sometimes (and if so can you tell me what
  makes the differernce)
Or something similar, put yourself in the reporter's place, there's a big
difference in the emotional reaction both phrasings provoke.
The idea is to avoid creating a hostile atmosphere as much as possible, ok?
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)